Prime Minister: Thanks to the actions of the government we can support Wielkopolska
In Wielkopolskie Voivodeship, the government actively supports investments related to health care, road construction or railway modernisation. Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki handed over a symbolic cheque for over PLN 520 million to the rector of the Poznan University of Medical Sciences for the construction of the Central Integrated Clinical Hospital. Moreover, nearly PLN 10 billion has already been allocated to entrepreneurs from Wielkopolska to help save jobs in connection with the crisis caused by COVID-19.
Funds for the Central Integrated Clinical Hospital
The government will allocate more than PLN 520 million for the construction of the Accident and Emergency Unit and a new hospital building, to which the operations of two Poznań hospitals located in old, historic buildings will be transferred.
This is a much-needed investment, which brings together the best experience, knowledge and skills of the entire medical community Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki emphasised during the meeting of the Senate of the University of Medical Sciences.
As Deputy Prime Minister Jadwiga Emilewicz noted, the construction of the hospital is the first such large investment in Poznań in 20 years, financed entirely from central funds. I
t will be a lever of development for Poznań and the whole Wielkopolska the Deputy Prime Minister said.
Government support for the hospital in Poznań will enable:
- increased access to modern forms of diagnostics and therapy,
- increased number of highly specialised procedures,
- providing emergency services for the residents of Poznań,
- consolidation of the activities of two hospitals, which will translate into complexity and continuity of medical procedures in one place,
- development of outpatient care by shifting the burden from inpatient to outpatient treatment and one-day services,
- creating an innovative and comprehensive clinical environment for training medical staff.
The investment completion is scheduled for 2025.
PLN 100 billion for health care
As Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said, good functioning of health care may become a Polish business card in the future.
In times of crisis, we will allocate more than PLN 100 billion to health care. This reflects our commitment to ensure that citizens receive treatment in modern centres, such as the hospital in Poznań the head of the government noted.
Support for Wielkopolskie Voivodeship as part of governmental anti-crisis measures
In connection with the situation caused by COVID-19, the government allocated nearly PLN 10 billion to help employees and entrepreneurs in Wielkopolska.
- Anti-Crisis Shield: nearly PLN 3 billion, including co-financing of salaries for 260 thousand employees - PLN 1 billion
- Financial Shield of the Polish Development Fund: nearly PLN 6 billion
- Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego Support Shield: PLN 1 billion
Funds for investments in Wielkopolska
As the Prime Minister emphasised, funds for important investments in the region can be transferred, among others, as a result of tightening the tax system. "Thanks to the policy of the government, the income of Poznań from CIT and PIT has increased by 45%, and in some towns in Wielkopolska the increase amounts to 70%," Mateusz Morawiecki stated.
Support for Wielkopolskie Voivodeship under the Local Government Roads Fund.
- We disbursed nearly PLN 355 million for the implementation of gmina and poviat tasks related to road construction and modernisation.
- In 2020, the value of co-financing from the Local Government Roads Fund will amount to nearly PLN 232 million.
We also provide support under the 100 Ring Roads Programme 2020-2030, thanks to which 8 Ring Roads will be built:
- Gostyń Ring Road - a stretch of National Road No. 12
- Koźmin Wielkopolski Ring Road - a stretch of National Road No. 15
- Krotoszyn, Zduny, Cieszków Ring Road - a stretch of National Road No. 15
- Kamionna Ring Road - a stretch of National Road No. 24
- Kalisz Ring Road - a stretch of National Road No. 25
- Stryków Ring Road - a stretch of National Road No. 32
- Żodyń Ring Road - a stretch of National Road No. 32
- Grzymiszew Ring road - a stretch of National Road No. 72
Moreover, the S5 expressway was built in Wielkopolskie Voivodeship. The second stage of Kępno Ring Road is also in progress, as well as design works on the S10, S11, or extension of National Road No. 25.
We also support the modernisation of railways, thanks to which the time of travel by train from Poznań to, e.g., Warsaw, Szczecin or Wrocław is shorter.
Home Hospice in Poznań
The government transferred PLN 1 million to cover the costs of final construction works and purchase of stationary equipment for the hospice in Poznań. Since 1998, the facility has offered home palliative and hospice care for children and the elderly.
"A strong state must care for the weakest. These are people who need our help, like here in the hospice," Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said. "I want to thank everyone who takes care of children or the elderly, for your commitment and respect," he added.