How to apply for your ID card online [e-services]
Every adult Polish citizen living in Poland needs to have a valid ID card containing their current data, including first name, surname and the PESEL number. Is your ID card due to expire soon? Or maybe you have just turned 18 and want to get your ID card? Remember that you can do it online.
How to apply for your ID card online?
- Please go to obywatel.gov.pl.
- Select the “Get your ID card” option and then “Online”.
- Log on to your ePUAP account (Electronic Public Administration Services Platform).
- Select the commune office where you would like to apply and then collect the issued ID card.
- Fill in the form and attach your photo.
- Sign the application and send the form.
- When the office starts processing your application, you will receive a relevant confirmation in your ePUAP account. This way you will be able to check online if your new ID card is ready for collection at the office.
- Collect you ID card in the selected office.
Note: if you want to apply online, you need to have a trusted profile on the ePUAP platform or a secure electronic signature.
Who can apply for an ID card?
- A person who is at least 18 years of age and does not have an ID card yet.
- A person below 18 years of age within 30 days before their 18th birthday.
- A person who needs to have their ID card replaced (e.g. their personal data have changed).
- A parent, legal guardian or court-appointed guardian can apply for an ID card on behalf of a person who does not have legal capacity or a person with limited legal capacity.
- A Polish citizen living abroad.
How much does it cost?
You get your ID card free of charge.
How long does it take?
Up to 30 days from the application date. However, this deadline can change. In such a case you will be informed about it.
What is the obywatel.gov.pl service?
We treat every issue that you need to deal with in an office as a service that the public administration provides to you. We want to deal with your case quickly and efficiently, therefore we gather services in one place. In a way that is simple and easy to understand we describe what you need to do, what you need to prepare, where you should go and what you can do from home. It is all designed to save your time.