Search results for: remembrance
Wyniki wyszukiwania w kategorii News (59)
- 01-03-2016Prime Minister Beata Szydło: Honour to the Cursed Soldiers!
- 28-01-2016Prime Minister Beata Szydło: Let’s be witnesses to the memory
- 18-11-2015Exposé of Prime Minister Beata Szydło
- 18-08-2015Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz: Oświęcim Strategic Government Programme to be continued
- 24-04-2015Minister Władysław Bartoszewski has passed away
- 27-01-2015Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz paid tribute to the Holocaust victims
- 13-12-2014Anniversary of marshal law. 33 candles in the windows of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister
- 18-05-2014Celebrations of the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Monte Cassino
- 17-05-2014The 70th anniversary of the Battle of Monte Cassino
- 13-12-2013Martial law anniversary. 32 candles in the windows of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister
- 21-10-2013Visit to Zambia: Prime Minister opened an exhibition devoted to Cardinal Adam Kozłowiecki
- 18-10-2013Visit to the Republic of South Africa: Prime Minister met with the Polish community
- 16-10-2013Visit to the Republic of South Africa: Prime Minister laid flowers at the Katyń Memorial in Johannesburg
- 03-10-2013Prime Minister visits rangers in Lubliniec
- 19-04-2013Glory to heroes. Commemoration of the 70th anniversary of Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
- 10-04-2013Tribute to victims of Katyn massacre
- 01-03-2013Posthumous promotions for the Cursed Soldiers
- 11-02-2013Prime Minister presented Saint Camillus Awards
- 30-05-2012Prime Minister on President Obama's speech
The Prime Minister referred to the speech of US President Barack Obama, who used the phrase “Polish death camp” during the Tuesday ceremony of awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski. - We expect that America, in connection with this very statement, will join our efforts and help us eradicate such false and unjust phrases once and for all - said the head of the government.
- 01-09-2011Prime Minister: let harbouring the memory of 1939 become a source of strength and warning
Donald Tusk participated in the celebrations commemorating the 72nd anniversary of the outbreak of World War II at Westerplatte. - Let harbouring the memory of September 1939 become a source of strength and warning, as well as the guarantee that Poles will never cease to live in peace and safety - underlined the PM.
- 10-04-2011The anniversary of the Smolensk plane crash
With April 10th, the first anniversary of the Smolensk plane crash lapsed. 96 persons were killed in the crash: the President of the RP along with his spouse, Deputy Ministers, Commanders-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, members of the Parliament, veterans, representatives of Katyn Families, clergymen, officials of the Chancellery of the President and national institutions.
- 15-04-2010President Kaczorowski returns to Poland
Today, on 15th April 2010 in the afternoon, the body of Ryszard Kaczorowski, the last president-in-exile of the Second Polish Republic will be flown to Warsaw. A WWII hero, he fought in the underground Szare Szeregi (Grey Ranks) organisation, he was imprisoned by the NKVD, and served as a soldier in General Anders’ Army.
- 11-04-2010List of people who died in the Smolensk airplane disaster
The list of people who died tragically in the crash of the Presidential airplane near Smoleńsk, Russia, on 10 April 2010.
- 10-03-2010Meeting of Polish and Azerbaijani Prime Ministers
Prime Minister Donald Tusk met with the Prime Minister of Azerbaijan Artur Rasizade The heads of governments also presided over plenary talks held by the delegations of both countries. The Polish prime minister stressed that Azerbaijan has been a very important partner for Poland for many years now.
- 01-09-2009International commemorations of the 70th anniversary of WWII
During the international commemorations in front of the Westerplatte memorial Prime Minister Donald Tusk stressed that the remembrance of the atrocities of WWII is the most effective shield against the threat of the next war. "None of us, nobody else in the world who remembers about the events in Gdańsk and the ensuing horrors that spread all over the world will ever do anything to make the nightmare come back again" noted the prime minister.
- 01-09-2009PM: We remember and expect remembrance
Prime Minister Donald Tusk took part in state commemorations of the 70th anniversary of the outburst of World War II held in Westerplatte. “We are meeting here to keep on remembering who triggered the war, who was the agent of this war, who was the perpetrator in this war, and who was the victim of this war and aggression. We are meeting here to remember about it, as we, Poles, realise that Poland, Europe and the world will not be truly safe without this tragic and honest remembrance of causes o
- 17-06-20091st Session of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation Council
Plenipotentiary of the Prime Minister for International Dialogue, Władysław Bartoszewski, chaired the 1st session of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation Council. The meeting was attended i.a. by Jürgen Rüttgers, Prime Minister of the North Rhine-Westphalia government.
- 30-04-2009Poland’s 5 Years In the European Union
During the international conference on the 5th anniversary of Poland’s accession to the EU prime minister Donald Tusk said that we had started our journey to the full membership at the moment when Eastern Europe had heard, for the first time ever, publicly spoken words related to the great, fundamental European values. The head of the Polish government made a clear reference to the mission of Holy Father John Paul II and Lech Wałęsa, the leader of NSZZ (Independent and Self-governing Trade Union
- 18-09-2008Prime Minister met with the speaker of the Italian Senate
Prime Minister Donald Tusk met with Renato Schifani, the Speaker of the Senate of the Republic of Italy. The talks focused mainly on bilateral cooperation and the current international situation.