Search results for: monument
Wyniki wyszukiwania w kategorii News (117)
- 01-07-2014Białowieża Forest: bigger area, more visitors
- 10-04-2014Donald Tusk: One cannot imagine a more beautiful monument and heritage than that left to us by Aram
- 10-04-2014PM attends ceremonies commemorating 4th anniversary of presidential plane crash near Smolensk
- 11-11-2013The "Together for Independent Poland” March to celebrate November 11th
- 01-08-2013Donald Tusk paid tribute to the Warsaw insurgents
- 19-04-2013Museum of the History of Polish Jews is open!
- 19-04-2013Glory to heroes. Commemoration of the 70th anniversary of Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
- 19-04-2013Daffodils remind about Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
- 17-04-2013Donald Tusk at Margaret Thatcher’s funeral
- 10-04-2013Minister Jacek Cichocki paid tribute to victims of the crash
- 20-10-2012“Second exposé”: government’s priorities in culture
- 31-08-2012The Prime Minister: these emotions reached the hearts of millions of people
The head of the government participated in the celebrations of the Day of Freedom and Solidarity organized in the Presidential Palace on the 32nd anniversary of the signing of the August Agreements.
- 30-07-2012Prime Minister meets Mitt Romney
Prime Minister Donald Tusk met with Mitt Romney, possible candidate of the Republican Party for the President of the United States, in Gdańsk.
- 10-05-2012Head of government at the opening of the World Hearing Centre
Today Prime Minister participated in the opening ceremony of the World Hearing Centre in Kajetany near Warsaw. “The Centre exemplifies modern Poland of the 21st century,” he said. Every day around 50 hearing improvement operations will be performed in the Centre.
- 13-04-2012PM: political career should not be built on graves
Donald Tusk commented in the Sejm on the motion to introduce to the session's agenda the draft resolution on obliging the Russian government to hand over the wreck of the presidential plane to Poland.
- 10-04-2012The second anniversary of the Smoleńsk plane crash
On April 10th, at Powązki Military Cemetery, Prime Minister Donald Tusk together with the members of the government paid tribute to the victims of the plane crash in Smoleńsk.
- 01-08-2011The head of government has marked the 67th anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising
On the ”W” hour, Prime Minister Donald Tusk paid homage to the Warsaw Uprising heroes at the Gloria Victis monument at Warsaw’s Powązki cemetery.
- 27-05-2011Prime Minister Donald Tusk meets with President of the United States of America Barack Obama
On 28th May 2011 (Saturday), Prime Minister Donald Tusk will meet with U.S. President Barack Obama, now on his official two-day visit to Poland.
- 10-04-2011The Prime Minister commemorated victims of the Smolensk plane crash
On the 1st anniversary of the Smolensk plane crash, Prime Minister Donald Tusk participated in the ceremony organised to commemorate victims of the tragic event.
- 09-09-2010Meeting of Polish and Vietnamese prime ministers
Prime Minister Donald Tusk met in Hanoi with the head of Vietnamese government Nguyen Tan Dung. The Polish prime minister defined the relations between the two countries as extremely friendly. “All of us here in Poland highly appreciate this friendship, the more so that we cooperate with sizeable Vietnamese community living in Poland on a daily basis,” stressed Donald Tusk. “In the European Union, we want to be a key friend of Vietnam and we shall try to help solving mutual problems,” he adde
- 07-09-2010The second day of the head of government’s visit to India
Prime Minister Donald Tusk met with the most important Indian politicians, President Pratibha Patil, Deputy President, Chairman of the Upper House of Parliament Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Chairperson of the Indian National Congress Sonia Gandhi and head of the opposition Sushma Swaraj. He took part in the working lunch with representatives of the leading Indian companies. In the morning, after the ceremonious welcome by Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the head of Polish government laid a wr
- 12-03-2010Meeting of Polish and Armenian Prime Ministers
Prime Minister Donald Tusk met with his Armenian counterpart Tigran Sargsyan in Yerevan. “Our meeting confirmed the close links between Poles and Armenians, both on the level of nations, states, as well as common people”, stated Donald Tusk. The head of the Polish government also met with Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan and the Speaker of the Parliament Hovik Abrahamyan.
- 11-03-2010Meeting of the Prime Ministers of Poland and Georgia
The meeting with Prime Minister Nikoloz Gilauri was the first point of the official visit of the Polish prime minister in Georgia. The head of the Polish government took part in a breakfast given in his honour by President Mikheil Saakashvili. After the talks, PM Tusk stressed that Poland will be the patron of the countries of Southern Caucasus, including Georgia, on their way to Europe. “Georgia is particularly counting on Poland to guide it on the route to Europe”, observed the Polish prime mi
- 10-03-2010Meeting of Polish and Azerbaijani Prime Ministers
Prime Minister Donald Tusk met with the Prime Minister of Azerbaijan Artur Rasizade The heads of governments also presided over plenary talks held by the delegations of both countries. The Polish prime minister stressed that Azerbaijan has been a very important partner for Poland for many years now.
- 28-04-2009Prime Ministers Tusk and Brown Discuss Climate Protection, World Economy and Cooperation in Afghanistan
Cooperation within the field of climate protection, methods of its financing and actions aimed at peaceful resolution of global conflicts were the main topics of talks between Donald Tusk and Gordon Brown, prime ministers of Poland and UK respectively. The leaders discussed also the impact of the global financial crisis and the participation of UK in the Polish initiatives, such as: East Partnership and support for the Auschwitz museum.
- 31-07-2008Prime Minister commemorated the memory of insurgents
On the eve of the 64th anniversary of the outbreak of the Warsaw Uprising, Prime Minister Donald Tusk, together with Warsaw inhabitants and citizens, took part in the ceremonial field Holy Mass in the intention of the fallen Warsaw Insurgents, their Commanders and Civilians of Warsaw.
- 15-05-2008Prime Minister Donald Tusk on an official visit in the Republic of Peru
On the first day of his visit Prime Minister Donald Tusk met with President of Peru A. Garcią Pérez to discuss economic relations between Peru and Poland and relations between Latin America and the European Union. After the meeting, the chairman of the Council of Ministers was decorated with the Grand Cross of the Order of Sun, the highest Peruvian decoration.