Search results for: lithuania
Wyniki wyszukiwania w kategorii (98)
- 03-07-2013Berlin: Prime Minister Donald Tusk at the conference dedicated to foster youth employment
- 30-06-2013Croatia joins the European Union
- 01-05-2013Prime Minister’s Office in national colours
- 12-02-2013Lithuanian Prime Minister in Poland
- 21-11-2012Poland is investing in energy
- 18-07-2012Meeting with Lithuania’s Prime Minister
On Wednesday, Prime Minister Donald Tusk met with Lithuania’s Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius in Warsaw. Discussions concerned inter alia bilateral matters and the future of regional infrastructural and energy projects.
- 30-04-2012Wear an e-flag during the May weekend
Poland is about to celebrate Flag Day and Constitution Day. We would like to traditionally encourage you to celebrate these days, but this time we’d like to offer an unusual way to do it. Download the electronic flag from our website. Let the red and white flag be present also on the screens of our computers.
- 26-04-2012Summary of the Chinese PM's visit
A series of meetings related to Wen Jiabao's visit to Warsaw has come to an end. An Economic Forum Poland - Central Europe - China was held today, just as was a summit of the Prime Ministers, attended, apart form the prime minister of China, by the heads of governments of countries from our region of Europe.
- 26-04-2012Poland - Central Europe - China Economic Forum opened
The Prime Ministers of Poland and the People's Republic of China have opened the Poland - Central Europe - China Economic Forum.
- 28-02-2012PM in talks with ministers of state treasury and transport
On Tuesday, the Prime Minister held a meeting with the minister of state treasury - Mikołaj Budzanowski, and the minister of transport, construction and maritime economy - Sławomir Nowak.
- 20-12-2011The Bethlehem Light of Peace in the Chancellery of the Prime Minister
On Tuesday, Prime Minister Donald Tusk received the Bethlehem Light of Piece from scouts of the Polish Scouting and Gilding Association.
- 09-12-2011Deeper economic integration of European Union
European Council summit produces agreement on new fiscal compact to consolidate euro zone.
- 23-11-2011Donald Tusk's letter to the Head of Lithuanian Government
Head of the government replied to the letter from Andrius Kubilius, Prime Minister of Lithuania, sent under on-going dialogue between Poland and Lithuania.
- 11-11-2011Prime Minister Donald Tusk joins the 11.11.11 celebrations
The head of the government, on his own behalf and on behalf of the entire Council of Ministers, laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- 10-11-2011Pin an e-flag on 11 November
There are many ways to celebrate the Independence Day. We are inviting you to download the electronic flag and to pin this miniature animation to your cursor. Let the "white and red" flutter that day also on our monitors.
- 16-09-2011Head of the government in Riga: Europe needs firm decisions
Prime Minister Donald Tusk visited Latvia, where he took part in the 6th Riga Conference devoted to issues related to safety and external affairs in the Baltic Sea region.
- 07-09-2011Prime Minister discusses European integration in Krynica
Prime Minister Donald Tusk participated in the 21st Economic Forum in Krynica Zdrój. As he underlined, Europe should strive at full integration and openness to new countries.
- 04-09-2011Premier in Lithuania
A meeting had come to a close between Premier Donald Tusk and head of the Lithuanian government Andrius Kubilius, which was dedicated to the topic of education. - These issues require a very open and honest discussion - said the Polish Premier after the meeting.
- 14-07-2011Prime Minister at scouting rally at Grunwald
Prime Minister Donald Tusk met on the Grunwald fields with scouts taking part in the 40th All-Poland Grunwald Rally. The head of government visited the rally campus and answered scouts’ questions.
- 15-06-2011Head of government: Poland is a foreign investment leader in the region
Prime Minister Donald Tusk has visited a new IKEA Group factory in Orla Commune (Podlaskie province). “IKEA has become a symbol of Poland’s civilisational advancement. One-third of the furniture produced by that company comes from our country,” the prime minister remarked. “This is the biggest direct foreign greenfield-type investment project built from scratch,” he explained.
- 18-03-2011Join call for reform within the European Union
‘We are all convinced that strong and dynamic growth in Europe is achievable. By consistently aiming at the common goal, we may thoroughly redesign our obsolete development model and eliminate the barriers preventing future prosperity’ – reads a statement by nine European Union heads of state and government, including prime minister Donald Tusk, presented in a joint letter addressed on Friday to the heads of the European Council and the European Commission.
- 16-03-2011Minister of Foreign Affairs on Polish foreign policy
Minister of Foreign Affairs Radosław Sikorski presented the Polish Foreign Policy for 2011 in the Sejm. He touched upon, among others, the Polish EU presidency, Poland’s relations with Russia, Germany, the USA, Ukraine and Belarus. The Minister also summed up his activities in the current term.
- 05-12-2010Meeting of heads of governments of Baltic countries
Prime Minister Donald Tusk met with heads of governments of Baltic countries: of Lithuania Andrius Kubilius, Latvia Valdis Dombrovskis and Estonia Adrus Ansip. The prime ministers discussed joint undertakings in the power-engineering sector in the Baltic region and the European Union’s financial perspective.
- 29-10-2009Heads of the new EU states meet before the EU summit
Heads of the Visegrad Group states, including PM Donald Tusk, the Baltic States, Romania, Bulgaria and Slovenia met before the European Council summit starting today in Brussels. The meeting was convened to reach an agreement on the joint position on the burden to be shared by the EU states under the framework of support for underdeveloped states in the fight against climate changes.
- 28-08-2009Poland best in Europe
Poland’s Gross Domestic Product grew in the second quarter of 2009 by 1.1% according to the data published today by the Central Statistical Office. Comparison of data for the second quarter of this and the previous years in other countries proves that our country is the only one in Europe to record economic growth in the period.
- 03-06-2009European leaders participate in the celebration of the 20th anniversary of the collapse of communism
Warsaw, 3rd June 2009 - Tomorrow, 4th June, marks the 20th anniversary of the first free election in Poland, which sealed the fall of communism and the restoration of democracy in our country. Prime Minister Donald Tusk will participate in the commemorative anniversary celebrations in Kraków and Gdańsk. Arriving in Kraków to the invitation of Prime Minister Tusk, are the Heads of those States that found the events of 1989 in Poland the beginning of own democratic changes. Today, on the eve of th
- 29-05-2009Polish economy in the black
Despite the pessimist forecasts, the Poland’s Gross Domestic Product grew in the first quarter of 2009 by 0.8%, as the data published today by the Central Statistical Office prove. Poland’s latest, good economic results; the situation of Polish economy compared to other countries; and prospects for the future were the subjects of today's press conference of Prime Minister Donald Tusk and the Minister of Finance Jacek Rostowski.
- 16-04-2009Meeting of the Prime Ministers of Poland and Estonia
Tallinn, 16 April 2009 Bilateral relationships, cooperation within the EU and Baltic Sea region, climatic issues, global economic crisis and energy safety were the main topics in the agenda of Prime Minister Donald Tusk’s meeting with the head of Estonian government Andrus Ansip.
- 14-01-2009Meeting of the Prime Ministers of Poland and Lithuania
In Warsaw today Prime Minister Donald Tusk hosted Prime Minister of Lithuania Andrius Kubilius. The head of Lithuanian government’s visit to Poland is a part of his first official bilateral trip abroad after the parliamentary elections in Lithuania. - Poland and Lithuania are very close to each other, relationships between Poles and Lithuanians are of unique and special character within the entire European Union - stressed Prime Minister Donald Tusk at the press conference. During the meeting, t
- 11-12-2008Brussels: negotiations on the energy and climate package
Today, Prime Minister Donald Tusk leaves for a two-day meeting of the European Council in Brussels, where the final shape of the energy and climate package is to be decided. The European Council must pass a unanimous decision on the package. The head of the Polish government has stressed on numerous occasions that a good energy and climate package must take into consideration the situation of individual Member States and be based on solidarity with less developed countries. “We are fighting for