The Prime Minister emphasised that the number of infections is very low in many voivodships and for this reason the government can present the next stage of reviving the economy and returning to normal life. The first easing of the restrictions introduced due to the pandemic took place on 20 April. Since then, the government has been cautiously analysing the impact of the removal of particular restrictions on the increase in new cases and the efficiency of the health care system.
‘The government is supporting entrepreneurs in all efforts made to overcome the coronavirus’ – Mateusz Morawiecki said. As he added, ‘the return to normal is much needed and at the same time possible thanks to the fact that we protect ourselves by means of distancing and using disinfectants.’
From 18 May:
- Hair and beauty parlours will be allowed to open:
Safety rules in beauty parlours:
- if it is possible during a given treatment, the nose and mouth must be covered,
- disposable towels must be used whenever possible
- reservations must be made either online or by phone
- Restaurants, cafes and bars are allowed to open:
Safety rules at establishments serving food and beverages:
- The limit of people at the premises is 1 person per 4m2,
- Tables must be disinfected after each customer,
- There must be a distance of 2 meters between the tables
- Cooks and staff must wear face masks and gloves.
- The number of passengers in the means of public transport is limited to:
- half of the number of seats (as at present)
- 30 percent of all standing places and seats (however, in this case, half of the seats must remain empty)
- Full-size football pitches can be open:
- 22 people maximum (+ 4 coaches)
- Practicing sport in open infrastructure will be allowed again at:
orlik football pitches,
- Organising activities in confined facilities will be permitted:
- The following number of people will be allowed to practice in sports halls at the same time:
12 people + coach (at facilities with surface area under 300 m2)
16 people + 2 coaches (at facilities with surface area between 301 and 800 m2)
24 people + 2 coaches (at facilities with surface area between 801 do 1000 m2),
32 people + 3 coaches (at facilities with surface area exceeding 1,000 m2).
- Conducting individual revalidation and general educational classes is permitted.
- In the world of culture it will be possible to, among other things:
open outdoor cinemas, including drive-in cinemas
resume work at movie sets,
resume phonographic and audiovisual recordings at institutions of culture,
resume rehearsals and practices,
conduct individual classes at art academies,
From 25 May:
- it will be allowed to conduct didactic and educational classes in grades 1 – 3 of primary school
- It will be allowed to provide consultations with teachers at schools to students preparing for the Matura exam and students of the 8th grade, primarily concerning subjects selected for the Matura exam.
The Minister of Health, Łukasz Szumowski, drew particular attention to the necessity of maintaining the sanitary regime despite the easing of further restrictions. ‘I am calling for strict adherence to the rules – at beauty and hair parlours. Much depends on us’ – the Minister emphasised.
The Minister of National Education, Dariusz Piontkowski, thanked teachers for their efforts and for conducting classes remotely. He also discussed the easing of further restrictions in education. ‘From 18 May it will be possible to attend practical classes at postsecondary schools, the education at which often lasts a year or a year and a half. Practical classes will also be resumed at technical high schools and vocational schools.