The head of the government commented on the information about the new cases of people infected with the coronavirus. "We want to avoid what happened to Western European countries at all costs," he emphasised. "We cannot let ourselves relax. We must do everything to avoid the worst case scenario," he added.
As the Prime Minister pointed out, every reckless or unnecessary leaving one’s home prolongs the coronavirus pandemic. "We must strictly follow the rules of social distancing. This is the only and basic principle that will allow us to fight this disease," said the head of the government. He added that new restrictions would be imposed for the upcoming 2 weeks, with the possibility of extension.
The head of the government thanked all public service workers for their involvement in the fight against the coronavirus.
The most important decisions include:
- Introduction of a limit of people in a store - up to 3 people per 1 cash desk. At marketplaces - 3 customers per 1 sell point. In post offices - 2 people per 1 window.
- From 10:00 to 12:00, stores and service points will be allowed to receive and serve only people over 65 (in the remaining time, shops and service points are available to everyone, including seniors).
- All customers must shop in disposable gloves.
- Large-space construction stores will be closed at weekends.
- An obligation to maintain a distance of at least 2 meters between pedestrians will be introduced. This also applies to families and relatives (except for children under 13 years of age and people with disabilities or unable to move independently).
- Children and adolescents under 18 years of age will not be allowed to leave their homes unattended.
- All household members who live with a person quarantined from 1 April this year will be automatically quarantined.
- It will not be allowed to use parks, beaches or boulevards. City bike rentals will be closed.
- Hotels and other accommodation places, as well as beauty and hair salons, will be closed.
- Rehabilitation treatments and massages will be suspended - both in public and private facilities (except the cases when rehabilitation is absolutely necessary).
- A distance of one and a half meters will have to be maintained in the workplaces as well as disinfectants will have to be provided.
- The passenger seat limit will also apply to private carriers.
- Non-compliance with the above rules is subject to a fine of PLN 5,000 to PLN 30,000.
Minister of Health Łukasz Szumowski pointed out that there is no medicine or vaccine for coronavirus, and all we can do is follow the restrictions. "Let's be reasonable and spend the next two weeks in maximum isolation" - emphasised the minister. "Thanks to this, we have a chance to save the lives of others," he explained.
The head of the Ministry of Health noted that reducing contact with other people by half is not enough and will not have the effect of reducing the number of patients. "We must limit our contacts by 80 percent. It is only then that we have the chance to stop the growth in the number of cases and deaths," Łukasz Szumowski said.