Our economic programmes are considered one of the best in the world – they protect companies from going bankrupt said Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki during a conference held with President Andrzej Duda, which was titled
Shield for Polish Companies and Employees. Economic Forum of the Polish Development Fund.
The head of government stressed that the country and Polish companies were able to help the economy to such an extent that our future position may be better than the one before the crisis.
The next months will be difficult but I hope that Western Europe will bounce back and the Polish export will be up and running again said Mateusz Morawiecki.
Resilient Polish economy – this is how we are described in Europe he added.
Hope and optimism are back again. I believe that we will secure a successful exit from the crisis emphasised the Prime Minister.
Financial Shield support
· Money paid to entrepreneurs: PLN 30 billion.
· Number of small- and medium-sized enterprises receiving the support: 145,000.
· Number of employees covered by the support: 1.4 million.
· Entrepreneurs receive money to their accounts within: 24-48 hours.
We estimate that as many as 670,000 Polish companies that suffered from the coronavirus pandemic may receive support from the Financial Shield. Very small businesses, small- and medium-sized enterprises, and large companies will receive almost PLN 100 billion. The programme is carried out by the Polish Development Fund.
Anti-Crisis Shield support
· Money paid to entrepreneurs: PLN 10.5 billion.
· Number of applications submitted to ZUS and job centres: 4.1 million.
· Number of jobs covered by the support: 2 million.
· Money from the Guaranteed Employee Benefits Fund: PLN 3.2 billion.
· Total value of exemptions from ZUS contributions: PLN 1.8 billion.
· Money paid to entrepreneurs under microloans: PLN 3.3 billion.
· Number of microloans: 670,00.
· Money paid under downtime benefits: PLN 1.2 billion.
· Number of downtime benefits: 628,000.
We estimate that the support provided under the Financial and Anti-Crisis Shields will amount to over PLN 312 billion. Both programmes are already helping to save a total of 3.4 million jobs.