According to the Prime Minister the state can and should support the Polish countryside.
This is the direction in which we are taking our projects and our Plan for the countryside said the Head of Government, presenting the ten points of government support for agriculture. The list includes:
- stabilising agricultural produce prices through the creation of a National Food Holding,
- increasing financial outlays to PLN 1.5 billion for assistance in combating the effects of drought,
- subsidizing agricultural fuel - PLN 1 per litre, from PLN 86 to PLN 100 per hectare,
- Increasing opportunities for direct sales and agricultural retail trade,
- subsidizing the farmer’s wives’ associations,
- introducing the function of the farmer's assisstant- new provisions on employment for seasonal agricultural work,
- system for identifying animal registration,
- speeding up the payment of agricultural subsidies,
- modernizing local roads in agricultural areas,
- protecting land against foreign buyouts.
The Prime Minister also stressed that the government wishes to directly cooperate with young farmers, who wish to turn the Polish countryside into a competitive economy.
The Head of Government also expressed his gratitude to the farmers for their economic patriotism and their faith in the Polish countryside.
Thank you for your efforts to shape new Poland by modernizing agriculture, while staying mindful of our beautiful traditions and the fact that Poland is a great value in itself said Mateusz Morawiecki.