Fulfilling dreams of an average Polish family of own flat
This pilot programme is an offer we address to the Polish families, young people, middle class, to all those who want to have their own flat and need a flat to be able to think about the future of their family, to young people, who want to have children and to set up home. All these people have a chance to have their own flat, in a short period of time, at a price that does not exceed their financial ability – said the Head of the Government. As Prime Minister informed, the programme would be carried out together with local governments and with support of Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego.
The PiS Government meets the expectations of those who want to invest and want to fulfil their dreams. We help them fulfil these dreams and we know well that we are not able to do that on our own, therefore, we have reliable partners. They are members of local governments – said Beata Szydło.
The inauguration of the Mieszkanie Plus programme was held on Wednesday in Katowice, where the letters of intent for seven towns were signed. Prime Minister Beata Szydło was accompanied by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Development and Finance, Mateusz Morawiecki as well as by the Minister of Infrastructure and Construction, Andrzej Adamczyk and Mayor of Katowice, Marcin Krupa. Today, in various places in the country, further letters of intent were signed as regards the implementation of the pilot programme.
17 cities involved in the pilot Mieszkanie Plus programme
The pilot „Mieszkanie plus” programme, launched on Wednesday, applies to:
- Katowice (Śląskie Voivodeship),
- Tychy (Śląskie Voivodeship),
- Trzebinia (Małopolskie Voivodeship),
- Skawina (Małopolskie Voivodeship),
- Gliwice (Śląskie Voivodeship),
- Wałbrzych (Dolnośląskie Voivodeship),
- Chorzów (Śląskie Voivodeship),
- Poznań (Wielkopolskie Voivodeship),
- Kobyłka (Mazowieckie Voivodeship),
- Nowa Dęba (Podkarpackie Voivodeship),
- Stalowa Wola (Podkarpackie Voivodeship),
- Radom (Mazowieckie Voivodeship)
- Września (Wielkopolskie Voivodeship)
- Biała Podlaska (Lubelskie Voivodeship),
- Pelplin (Pomorskie Voivodeship),
- Starogard Gdański (Pomorskie Voivodeship),
- Dębica (Podkarpackie Voivodeship).
Mieszkanie Plus programme
The Mieszkanie Plus programme is another very important element of support for the Polish families, especially large ones. Providing a flat is a basis for building their safe future. The programme is addressed to all Poles.
The Mieszkanie Plus programme is based on 3 pillars:
- flats built on State Treasury land (National Housing Fund),
- support for social housing,
- support for saving for housing purposes under Individual Housing Accounts.