During his Saturday visit to Silesia, Donald Tusk announced that he will present in Brussels the Polish idea for the Energy Union. - Europe needs to demonstrate more and more solidarity in the area of energy - Prime Minister said.
He presented six dimensions of the European Energy Union project:
- Creation of an effective gas solidarity mechanism in case of supply crises.
- Increased financing from the European Union’s (EU) funds of infrastructure ensuring energy solidarity, in particular in the east of the EU - even up to 75% of projects’ value.
- Collective energy purchasing.
- Rehabilitation of coal as a source of energy.
- Shale gas extraction.
- Radical diversification of gas supply to the EU.