The project realizes the aims of the Responsible Development Strategy which ensures balanced development of the country. In this case it will provide an integrated public rail transport for Szczecin and the remaining municipalities of the Szczecin metropolis.
Elements of the transport infrastructure under construction will be adapted to the needs of people with disabilities in line with the programme Accessibility Plus.
Value of the contracts signed:
- Construction of Szczecin Metropolitan Railway using the existing sections of railway tracks no 406, 273, 351:
- Task A under the heading of “Modernisation of the railway track no 406 section Szczecin Główny-Police” worth net PLN 390 million,
- Task B under the heading of “Modernisation of the Selected Passenger Infrastructure of the railway tracks no 273, 351 and 401” worth net PLN 112 million.
- The investment is financed from the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment.
- Investment implementation is planned for the years 2018-2022.